Nurse’s Pocket Guide: Diagnoses, Prioritized Interventions and Rationales Fifteenth Edition
Nursing school = buy this book. “This is a MUST buy if it’s not required for your nursing program. It makes care plans 100x easier, and makes you sound smarter. BUY BUY BUY.”―J.S., Amazon Reviewer You won’t regret buying this book!!! “This book has been so helpful to me throughout my time in nursing school. I don’t know how I would have made it through without this book. It is so helpful when you are writing nursing diagnosis. I have never been very good at writing them but this book helps me tremendously.”―
Ashley R., Amazon Reviewer The perfect pocket guide This quick-reference tool has what you need to select the appropriate diagnosis to plan your patients’ care effectively. The 15th Edition features all the latest nursing diagnoses and updated interventions. A laminated “pocket minder” bookmark makes diagnosis even easier.
The perfect pocket guide. This quick-reference tool has what you need to select the appropriate diagnosis to plan your patients care effectively. The 15th Edition features all the latest nursing diagnoses and updated interventions. A laminated ‘pocket minder’ bookmark makes diagnosis even easier.
- Actions/interventions uniquely organized by priority with selected rationales Icons within the prioritized interventions for acute care, collaboration, community/home care/cultural considerations, diagnostic studies, medications, and lifespan considerations.
- Defining characteristics presented subjectively and objectively.
- Documentation section that focuses on the other steps of the nursing process, reminding students of the importance and necessity of recording each step.
- NIC and NOC labels at the end of each diagnosis Index with hundreds of diseases/disorders with prioritized associated nursing diagnose
- How to Use the Nurse’s Pocket Guide
- CHAPTER 1 The Nursing Process and Planning Client Care
- CHAPTER 2 Nursing Diagnoses in Alphabetical Order
- For each nursing diagnosis, the following information is provided:
- Diagnostic Division
- Related/Risk Factors
- Defining Characteristics: Subjective/Objective
- Desired Outcomes/Evaluation Criteria
- Nursing Priorities
- Documentation Focus
- Sample Nursing Outcomes & Nursing Interventions Classifications (NOC/NIC)
- CHAPTER 3 Health Conditions and Client Concerns With Associated Nursing Diagnoses
- APPENDIX 1 Tools for Choosing Nursing Diagnoses
- SECTION 1 Adult Medical/Surgical Assessment Tool
- SECTION 2 Diagnostic Divisions: Nursing Diagnoses Organized According to a Nursing Focus
- APPENDIX 2
- SECTION 1 Client Situation and Prototype Plan of Care
- SECTION 2 Another Approach to Planning Client Care—Mind or Concept Mapping