Gynecologic and Obstetric Surgery: Challenges and Management Options 1st Edition
Gynecologic and obstetric surgery is a craft that requires sound knowledge and skills. The specifics of each individual case must be understood to enable the best surgical management approach and to minimize complications. This resource book offers insightful management options to many of the challenges a gynecologic or obstetric surgeon may face before, during and after an operation.
Divided into two sections, the book first covers general preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative challenges and, second, specific surgical procedures. It provides advice on both general gynecologic and obstetric operations, as well as subspecialist areas such as reproductive surgery, urogynecology and gynecologic oncology.
The chapters are concise, beginning with illustrative case histories followed by background, management options, and any preventative approaches. Designed to guide the surgeon to safe practice throughout all stages, they offer practical and step-by-step help.
This practical, high-yield Pocket Notebook title is an ideal on-the-go reference for trainees and practitioners of obstetrics and gynecology. Written by residents with oversight from fellows and faculty experts, and perfect for initial care plans during rounds, this easy-to-use, loose-leaf resource is packed with up-to-date information answering the clinical questions you face every day. Pocket Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Edition , is an indispensable quick resource you won’t want to be without!
- Includes a new chapter that covers substance abuse in pregnancy, depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and psychosis.
- Features fully revised content throughout, keeping you up to date with best practices and the latest research in the field.
- Covers primary care; emergencies; operative ob-gyn; pelvic surgery and urogynecology; infertility; prenatal care; normal labor and delivery; complicated pregnancy and delivery; cardiology; pulmonary; gastroenterology; hematology; neurology; gynecologic oncology, and more.
- Follows the popular Pockets Notebook format, featuring bulleted lists, tables, diagrams, and algorithms that make essential facts easy to find and retain.
- Contains helpful appendices on pelvic anatomy; common ob/gyn procedures and surgeries; drugs in OB and breastfeeding; ACLS algorithms; and NRP algorithm.
- Organizes chapters by organ system, putting women’s health topics into general medical context – perfect for clerkship studies.